We are excited you would like to apply for one of our properties! Before applying, please take a moment and review the application process and general qualification guidelines below.
Grounds for Denial on All Applications
- Any unlawful detainers (evictions) for any applicant or guarantor.
- Any balance owing to a landlord.
- Unverifiable social security number.
- Any open bankruptcies.
- Any falsification on rental application.
- Any omitted items or falsifying rental references or rental history.
- Gross monthly income must be greater than three (3) times the monthly rent amount (this amount is combined for all applicants).
- Proof of income is required for all income to be considered. Only current income and jobs are considered. If you are leaving your job to move to the Central Valley area that job income will not be considered.
- Acceptable proof(s) of income include:
- If employed: copies of the two most recent paystubs covering at least one month of pay.
- If self-employed: most current year W2 forms plus 2 months of bank statements that verify current income.
- Other forms considered: financial aid award letters, social security benefits, retirement funds, verifiable new job offer and acceptance letters etc. Please contact us if you have questions about what qualifies.
- Bank account balances, brokerage and stock balances will generally not be considered unless retired.
- Credit scores, delinquent accounts, late payments and amount of debt and are all heavily weighted in the approval process.
- No more than one (1) non-medical or student loan account in collections with balance owing for any one applicant or guarantor.
- No more than $500 currently outstanding in collections (non-medical or student loan) for any one applicant or guarantor.
- No open bankruptcies. No bankruptcies in the previous 5 years for any applicant or guarantor. If bankruptcy is over five years old the applicant must have re-established credit.
- Established credit history of at least one year.
- Reasons for conditional approval (increased deposit) or denial:
- Unverifiable rental history.
- Less than two rental references (unless you owned a home).
- No rental history (including living at home or in dorms).
- 3 or more late rent payments during a 1 year period.
- 2 or more payments returned for insufficient funds.
- Property damage.
- Unauthorized pets.
- Pet damages.
- Unauthorized breaking of lease
- Criminal Background is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. We look at Felonies and Misdemeanors for:
- Crimes Against A Person or Property
- Drug Related Offenses
- Theft by Check Related Offenses
- Worthless Check and/or Bogus Check Related Offenses
- Sex Related Offenses
- Terrorism Related Offenses
- Prostitution Related Offenses
- Weapons Related Offenses
- Cruelty to Animals Related Offenses
- Juvenile Offenses
- Deferred Adjudication and/or Adjudication Withheld
- Pending Cases and/or Arrest Warrants
- Active Status on Probation and Parole
- Pre-Trial Intervention/Diversion – Active Participation and Completed Activity
- Other Felony Offenses